We recognise that the modern world is a busy place. There are so many different options which are available to each and everyone of us. Therefore we are trying something new for our Bowling Club. The HBC Sub-Committee was set up to break down some of the larger roles within the Club and is run by the House Convenor. There are four main areas:
- Promotion – Website, Newsletter, Social Media, Club Kit, Community Liaison
- Facilities – Grounds Maintenance, Lease & Community Trust, Certification, Club Cleaning, Equipment Management
- Fundraising – #CampaignSupport, Sponsorship, Fundraising, Grant Funding
- Events – Doors Open Day, Summer Fete, Give Bowls A Go Night, Summer and Winter Social Schedule
Do you have a hidden talent or skill which the club could utilise? Examples so far are accountancy, cookery, gardening, journalism and photography. This Committee will evolve through time and we are already reaping the benefits:
- We now have 3 members making up the HBC Comms Team, which are charting the story of our club on Facebook and gaining more engagement from our membership
- We now have a Chartered Accountant helping shift our accounts from spreadsheets to an accounting software package
- We now have a Works Party meeting each month to do all manner of grounds maintenance from grass-cutting, weeding, window-cleaning, edging of the green and hedge cutting.
We want to make Hampden Bowling Club a better place and with your help and support, no matter how small, it will make a difference and help us on our mission to be here for another 100 years.
Would you like to get more information on our Sub-Committee? Fill in your details below and we’ll be happy to talk to you.